MSC CRUISES OPENS SALES FOR ITS MUCH-AWAITED SECOND MERAVIGLIA-GENERATION MEGA-SHIP, MSC BELLISSIMA
Set to debut in March 2019, early booking offers include a Cirque du Soleil at Sea dinner and show experience
MSC Cruises — the Swiss-based, world’s largest privately-owned cruise line and brand market leader in Europe, South America and South Africa — announced today the opening of sales for MSC Bellissima, the highly anticipated second mega cruise ship of the company’s Meraviglia generation of ships. Beginning in March 2019, MSC Bellissima will cruise the Western Mediterranean for its inaugural season.
Sales of MSC Bellissima are initially open exclusively to MSC Voyagers Club members, as one of the many benefits of the program that rewards loyal MSC Cruises guests. Bookings will open on May 15, 2017 for all other guests.
A highlight of MSC Bellissima’s on board entertainment will be two Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows, created by the world leader in entertainment, Cirque du Soleil. The two performances will take place six nights per week in the purpose-built Carousel Lounge, allowing guests to enjoy a dazzling performance along with an exclusive pre-show dinner service – a table d'hôte offering an eclectic selection of creative dishes served before the show begins. This unique experience, created exclusively for MSC Cruises’ guests, will be available both on MSC Meraviglia – debuting this June 2017 – and now also on its sister ship MSC Bellissima. As an early booking incentive, all guests who book a sailing on MSC Bellissima by July 31, 2017 will receive a complimentary Cirque du Soleil at Sea dinner and show experience as part of their cruise booking.
“Bearing testimony to our focus on innovation, MSC Bellissima will be the fourth new ship coming into service in just two years,” said Gianni Onorato, Chief Executive Officer of MSC Cruises. “She will join what is already one of the most modern fleets at sea as our long-standing focus is to always offer our guests the most modern and innovative ships to ensure they make the most out of their vacation at sea.”
“When it comes to the Meraviglia generation of ships, we are particularly proud of our unique partnership with Cirque du Soleil who is creating a total of eight original shows for all four ships. MSC Bellissima will feature two brand new shows, giving guests yet another reason to experience the new addition to our fleet,” added Onorato.
MSC Bellissima will offer guests an unforgettable MSC Cruises experience with highlights including:
- Six ports in seven nights in the Western Mediterranean: MSC Bellissima will call at the popular ports of Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona as well as other much sought after Mediterranean destinations including Naples, Messina in Sicily and Valetta in Malta, with a wide range of shore activities carefully designed to help guests discover to the fullest each destination and its unique culture.
- An unprecedented choice of both fine dining and casual options through 10 dining venues, and in true MSC Cruises fashion, always serving fresh, authentic food.
- A vast array of family facilities and entertainment which provide the ideal family getaway and are designed in partnership with leading family experts including the LEGO Group and Chicco. Families can also enjoy programs in the DOREMI Studio Lounge, a dedicated lounge for all family activities, and the DOREMI Tech Lab, a must visit destination for kids who love technology.
- A Mediterranean-style promenade with a 262 ft. LED Sky screen, the longest at sea, which is the social hub of the ship with a range of shops and restaurants.
- The acclaimed digital innovation program, MSC for Me, which will be available to all guests on board. Employing the latest technology available at sea, MSC for Me allows guests to easily customize their on-board and on-shore experience. MSC for Me touches every aspect of a guest’s vacation, from simplifying planning and making on-board purchases, to providing information and facilitating safety and security.
When booking MSC Bellissima, MSC Voyagers Club members will also receive a special 5% discount in addition to their current MSC Voyagers Club early booking discount. All other guests will also enjoy a 5% discount on early booking fares until October 31, 2017.
MSC Bellissima will embark on her maiden voyage from Genoa, Italy on March 24, 2019. Prices start at $1,199 per person for a balcony stateroom. For more information and to make a booking visit here, or contact your local travel agency.
MSC Bellissima has been designed for all seasons and is able to call in most of the world’s international cruise ports. With a gross tonnage of 167,600 GRT and a total capacity for more than 5,700 guests (4,500 at double occupancy), this new cruise ship will be the largest in the MSC Cruises’ fleet, along with MSC Meraviglia.
MSC Bellissima is currently under construction at the STX France shipyard.
All information believed to be accurate as of the date of issuance. It is the reader's responsibility to verify its continued accuracy, as all information is subject to change.
Notes to Editors
Guests who book between May – July 31st will receive the complimentary Cirque du Soleil dinner and Show experience. For all other guests who are interested, Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows can be pre-booked or purchased on board. The Dinner & Show experience is $38 or guests can book a Signature Cocktail & Show for $16.