FIVE MUST-BOOK EXPERIENCES TO MAKE THE MOST OF A WINTER VACATION AT SEA
Explore MSC Cruises’ newest ships, memorable itineraries and indulgent on board experiences.
With summer in full swing, winter seems like a distant reality, but now is the time to claim vacation days, plan for winter school breaks, and start planning a much-needed winter getaway. MSC Cruises, the leading cruise line in Europe and South America, is kick-starting vacation inspiration with new ships, incredible itineraries, and bucket list-worthy experiences and destinations.
MSC Seaside, sailing year-round from Miami to the Caribbean, offers an iconic, sun lover’s paradise. MSC Meraviglia, known as the ship for all seasons, returns to the Mediterranean this winter, offering the ideal setting for enjoying the best of this stunning region at this time of year. MSC Seaview, MSC Cruises’ newest flagship, will explore incredible ports in Brazil, sailing from Santos beginning December 7, 2018. And, this December, MSC Armonia will begin sailing a highly-anticipated itinerary to Cuba, with an overnight stay in Havana, from Miami. Packed with on board activities and memorable itinerary destinations, these cruises provide the ultimate vacation.
1. Get pampered in the Caribbean like a VIP
While escaping the winter chill to the warm, Caribbean sun, guests can savour luxury and sophistication in MSC Seaside’s enhanced MSC Yacht Club, the unique “ship within a ship” concept developed for guests seeking added exclusivity and privacy. Guests can benefit from key features including a private lounge, restaurant and pool, 24-hour butler and concierge services, enhanced amenities and all-inclusive experience throughout the ship.
With 86 suites, including coveted Royal Suites with balconies containing a private whirlpool bath, the MSC Yacht Club is situated in coveted fore decks of the ship. Guests can easily retreat to the private enclave to relax, while still enjoying all of the choice of a mega ship.
The pampering continues at the MSC Aurea Spa on board, offering a variety of face and body treatments to indulge in. The spa also offers guests a comprehensive Thermal Area, equipped with state-of-the-art saunas and steam rooms, a geyser area, a snow room, a salt relax room and aromatic showers that wash the body with various scents.
For the ultimate in relaxation, guests are able to try the new signature collection of spa treatments created with LAJATICA vinotherapy products from Bocelli Wines. Strengthened by the anti-aging and firming properties found in grapes, these luxurious facial and body treatments are made with natural extracts from the Bocelli family vineyards and blended with Tuscan plants and essential oils.
Pre-book a vinotherapy anti-aging & rejuvenating spa package that includes one Cabernet Body rejuvenating treatment, one Vinotherapy facial, one Mediterranean citrus body treatment and a consultation with the Spa doctor for just $229 USD (€192 EUR) – a saving of 35% compared to on board prices.
Highlight Winter 2018-2019 Itineraries on board MSC Seaside:
- December 8, 2018: 7-night cruise from Miami, FL sailing to San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Nassau, Bahamas. Prices start at $609 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- January 12, 2019: 7-night cruise from Miami, FL sailing to Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; and Costa Maya, Mexico. Prices start at $829 per person for a balcony stateroom.
2. Marvel at Cirque du Soleil at Sea in the Mediterranean
Not only can guests sail the awe-inspiring Mediterranean on MSC Meraviglia, with a variety of ports in Italy, Spain and France, but they can also enjoy Cirque du Soleil at Sea performances, with two contrasting shows, created exclusively for MSC Cruises guests. These unique shows are performed in the Carousel Lounge, a custom-made entertainment venue equipped with the most cutting-edge technology and special rigging that enables Cirque du Soleil at Sea artists to deliver vibrant performances.
With sound at its heart, SONOR takes us on an auditory adventure with dancers, acrobats and characters, all moving to the rhythm. Its beat stimulates the senses and fuels emotion. VIAGGIO is the story of a passionate and eccentric artist who hears the call of his Faceless Muse, who beckons the Painter to cross the threshold between reality and illusion into the vivid landscape of his unbridled imagination, where he will finally complete his masterpiece.
Guests can take advantage of discounts by booking the shows in advance and enjoy either a specialty cocktail during the show for $15, or a three-course pre-show dinner, with a menu of gourmet dishes for $39.
Highlight Winter 2018-2019 Itineraries on board MSC Meraviglia:
- December 9, 2018: 7-night cruise from Civitavecchia, Italy sailing to Palermo, Italy; Valleta, Malta; Barcelona, Spain; Marseille, France; and Genoa, Italy. Prices start at $799 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- January 25, 2019: 7-night cruise from Marseille, France sailing to Genoa, Italy; Civitavecchia, Italy; Palermo, Italy; Valleta, Malta; and Barcelona, Spain. Prices start at $759 per person for a balcony stateroom.
3. Dine on Gourmet Cuisine while journeying south to Brázil
MSC Seaview, recently launched in June 2018, will journey to South America for the first time in December, offering guests the ideal itineraries to dive into beautiful Brazil. And, while guests journey from port to port, they can select from a wide range of internationally-inspired cuisines in the three main restaurants as well as the specialty restaurants on board.
The Butcher’s Cut, a modern American-style steakhouse concept, celebrates the skill of a master butcher, serving specialty cuts of meats and embracing American heritage. Guests can watch their cuts being prepared first-hand, with specialist chefs working in an open-fronted kitchen.
Asian Market Kitchen is pan-Asian pioneer Roy Yamaguchi’s second restaurant at sea, with the first opening on board her sister ship MSC Seaside. Encompassing three distinct restaurants, cruisers can try fresh sushi, sashimi and tempura at the sushi bar; a variety of pan-Asian dishes at the a la carte restaurant; and rousing entertainment at the Teppanyaki grill area.
Ocean Cay by Ramón Freixa is the result of a brand new partnership with the Michelin-starred chef himself, offering sophisticated fish and shellfish in a chic Mediterranean atmosphere. All dishes are made with the freshest ingredients and complemented by a wonderful wine list.
Guests can pre-book a trio dining package to experience three distinct dining experiences and save 34% compared to on board prices.
Highlight Winter 2018-2019 Itineraries on board MSC Seaview:
- December 15, 2018: 7-night cruise from Santos, Brazil sailing Buzios, Brazil; Salvador, Brazil; Ilheus, Brazil; and Ilha Grande, Brazil. Prices start at $1,789 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- February 26, 2019: 4-night cruise from Santos, Brazil sailing to Buzios, Brazil and Ilha Grande, Brazil. Prices start at $819 per person for a balcony stateroom.
4. Shimmy into Havana Nights with brand new Cuban itineraries from Miami
Long-awaited Cuban itineraries are coming to Miami with the arrival of MSC Armonia in December 2018. MSC Cruises will be the only cruise line offering a 7-night Caribbean itinerary regularly, which includes two days in Havana.
MSC Armonia’s guests will embark in Miami on Mondays, with the ship then calling Montego Bay (Jamaica), Georgetown (Cayman Islands), and Cozumel (Mexico) before arriving in Havana, the Cuban capital, on Saturday and staying through to Sunday. Upon departing Havana, the ship will return to Miami.
While in Cuba, guests will be able to choose from a broad range of shore experiences rich in cultural and historical discovery. The Caribbean island is a unique cultural hub, offering a distinct combination of traditions thanks to its rich heritage which is unique in the region.
Highlight Winter 2018-2019 Itineraries on board MSC Armonia:
- January 28, 2018: 7-night cruise from Miami, FL sailing to Montego Bay, Jamaica; George Town, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; and Havana, Cuba (overnight stay). Prices start at $999 for a balcony stateroom.
- February 4, 2019: 7-night cruise from Miami, FL sailing to Montego Bay, Jamaica; George Town, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; and Havana, Cuba (overnight stay). Prices start at $1,199 for a balcony stateroom.
5. Festive fun during Christmas and New Year sailings
What better way to spend Christmas and the New Year than with family or friends sailing to a new destination together. Travelers can escape the madness of busy shops and crowded restaurants and spend quality time together, on board ships that are rich in activities, so there is never a dull moment.
Instead of working hard to cook for and entertain friends and family, guests can step out of the kitchen and enjoy an exquisite Gala Night menu, consisting of traditional seasonal specialties and signature dishes created in collaboration with culinary experts and renowned chefs.
In addition to special menu items, guests can expect a variety of festive activities, limited-edition cocktails, a busy entertainment schedule, as well as an appearance from Santa himself.*
Highlight Holiday Season Cruises:
- December 22, 2018: 7-night cruise on board MSC Seaside from Miami, FL sailing to San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, U.S. Virgin Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Nassau, Bahamas. Prices start at 1,149 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- December 23, 2018: 7-night sailing on board MSC Meraviglia from Civitavecchia, Italy sailing to Palermo, Italy; Valletta, Malta; Barcelona, Spain; Marseille, France; and Genoa, Italy. Prices start at $1,349 per person for a balcony stateroom and includes a Cirque du Soleil show and dinner.
- December 31, 2018: 7-night sailing on board MSC Armonia from Miami, FL sailing to Montego Bay, Jamaica; George Town, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; and Havana, Cuba (overnight stay). Prices start at $1,408 for a balcony stateroom.
For more information on MSC Cruises’ winter itineraries, please visit www.msccruises.com.