9 Reasons to Book Your Fall Vacation Aboard MSC Meraviglia
• The MSC Cruises mega ship, launched in June 2017, will head to North America for the first time this October, with its first itineraries exploring Canada & New England before beginning Caribbean cruises from Miami
• On board, guests will enjoy MSC Cruises distinct European experience, international cuisine by Michelin-starred chefs, and world-class entertainment including the first ever Cirque du Soleil at Sea performances
MSC Cruises’ innovative smart ship, MSC Meraviglia, will head to the U.S. for the first time ever this fall. Guests sailing on MSC Meraviglia can expect an enriching vacation with one-of-a-kind experiences, all inspired by the cruise line’s European heritage. From exclusive Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows to gourmet specialty restaurants with Michelin-starred chefs to a state-of-the-art, authentic Balinese Spa, there are endless reasons to book a cruise on MSC Meraviglia this fall, but here are NINE.
1. Take advantage of limited Canada & New England sailings timed perfectly with the changing fall colors
MSC Meraviglia will offer two cruises from New York to Canada & New England, before journeying through the Caribbean to home port in Miami, becoming the first MSC Cruises’ ship to visit its new private island destination, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, opening November 2019. Itinerary highlights include:
- October 8, 2019: 10-night sailing visiting Canadian ports of call including Sydney, Nova Scotia; Corner Brook, Newfoundland; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; and Québec City, Quebec for an overnight stay. Prices start at $999 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- October 18, 2019: 10-night sailing visiting New England and Canadian ports of call including Bar Harbor, Maine; St. John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Portland, Maine; and Boston, Massachusetts. Prices start at $859 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- October 28, 2019: 13-night sailing visiting Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Fort de France, Martinique; Bridgetown, Barbados; Saint George, Grenada; Willemstad, Curaçao; Oranjestad, Aruba; and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve. Prices start at $1,099 for a balcony stateroom.
2. Experience world-class performances of a lifetime
Enjoy the two distinct shows from Cirque du Soleil at Sea — VIAGGIO and SONOR — created exclusively for MSC Meraviglia in the purpose-built entertainment and dining venue, the Carousel lounge. These shows, not found anywhere else in the world, are part of a longstanding partnership with the entertainment leader for a total of eight original shows on MSC Cruises’ Meraviglia class ships. MSC Meraviglia is home to the first shows ever created from this unique partnership.
3. Stroll along a Mediterranean-style promenade under the longest LED sky at sea
Guests can browse a wide variety of shops, or dine along the promenade choosing from a variety of cuisines, while taking in special animations and shows all day and night on the LED dome.
4. Taste food from around the world from an award-winning pastry chef and a two Michelin-starred chef
On board, MSC Meraviglia offers 12 distinct dining venues and 20 bars, with food from around the world, including HOLA! Tapas Bar by two Michelin-starred Spanish chef Ramón Freixa; Kaito Sushi Bar and Teppanyaki; Butcher’s Cut, a modern American steakhouse; and Jean-Philippe Chocolat & Café, the ideal place to grab a treat by world-renowned pastry chef, Jean Philippe Maury.
5. Be among the first to experience a brand new private island
Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, MSC Cruises’ new private island destination in the Bahamas, debuts this November. MSC Cruises is currently restoring the 64-square-mile stretch of land in the eastern Caribbean from an industrial sand extraction site to a natural oasis.
The island experience has been designed to immerse guests in the natural beauty of their surroundings. Guests will enjoy eight distinct beaches, including a dedicated family beach. For those who wish to discover the marine life up close, there will be snorkeling and other water sports like kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding. Spa-goers can enjoy a new luxurious concept, The Spa at Ocean Cay, offering a variety of unique treatments using products from AVEDA, a beauty brand known for its natural products.
A variety of food and drink options will be available on the island, including a range of bars, a buffet, and food cart options. With docking until 11 p.m., day and night activities will keep guests busy, including a traditional Junkanoo parade in the evenings. Guests will also have an opportunity to learn about and connect with nature, including activities to learn about ocean preservation and MSC Cruises’ coral restoration efforts surrounding the island.
6. Discover different cultures and destinations in one trip
The MSC Cruises experience not only brings people together from around the world, but also immerses guests in the destinations they visit. MSC Meraviglia offers a wide range of itineraries this fall, and in the Caribbean, guests have the unique opportunity to book specially curated Martha Stewart & MSC Cruises Excursions that focus on some of Martha’s favorite activities while allowing MSC Cruises’ guests to discover some of the authentic and hidden treasures of destinations throughout the Caribbean.
7. Decompress after a long summer with exclusive wine-inspired treatments
MSC Cruises offers the only Balinese-style spas at sea, and on MSC Meraviglia the MSC Aurea Spa features 22 different spa treatment rooms with a vast choice of health and beauty treatments developed exclusively for MSC Cruises. Relax in the thermal area with 13 different areas for a holistic sensory experience, equipped with a salt relax room, ice waterfall, sauna and dark sensory steam bath.
For a special treat, guests can opt for MSC Cruises’ signature collection of Vinotherapy spa treatments (wine-inspired beauty treatments), using LAJATICA vinotherapy products made from Bocelli Wines.
8. Try something new and exciting every day
The entire family will be entertained with seven different areas for kids on board, including LEGO-designed play rooms; a ‘super amusement park’ with a sports zone, 2 full size bowling lanes, a flight simulator, F1 simulators and an interactive XD cinema; as well as and a polar themed Aqua Park with four action-packed water slides and a Himalayan Bridge ropes course.
Those looking for exclusivity and privacy can book their stay within the MSC Yacht Club, MSC Cruises’ innovative ship-within-a-ship concept. Guests booking in the private area can pamper themselves in the private solarium and pool on the top decks of the ship, dine in the area’s private restaurant, enjoy cocktails and music in the exclusive Top Sail Lounge, and experience highly tailored service with a 24-hour butler and concierge.
9. Enjoy vacationing with total peace of mind, powered by technology
MSC for Me is MSC Cruises’ multi-channel digital program that enables guests to interact with the ship and crew members anytime, in any place, to better serve their needs, save them time and really make the most of their vacation. Key features include a handy app for smartphones, an interactive TV in the stateroom and interactive digital screens around the ship, meaning guests can access information, book services — like specialty restaurants and on board performances — navigate around the ship, and more.
To learn more about MSC Meraviglia, and to book a cruise on one of the ship’s first itineraries from North America, travelers can contact their preferred travel agent or visit www.msccruises.com.
ABOUT MSC MERAVIGLIA
MSC Meraviglia, launched in June 2017, is the first ship in the innovative Meraviglia class of next-generation ships, designed to be able to call in most of the world’s international cruise ports. With a name meaning wonder, MSC Meraviglia’s design is inspired by the wonders of the world. The ship’s Mediterranean-style promenade includes a variety of shops and restaurants — including a partnership with two Michelin-starred Spanish chef Ramón Freixa for HOLA! Tapas — and features the longest LED sky at sea, displaying unique vistas day and night. Activities on board include a winter-themed aqua park; a Himalayan bridge, suspending cruisers high up above the ship; a XD cinema; and several kids clubs. And, in an industry-first, MSC Meraviglia’s on board entertainment includes a partnership with world leader in live entertainment Cirque du Soleil, creating two unique Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows VIAGGIO and SONOR exclusively for MSC Meraviglia. In addition, for those looking for some additional relaxation, the MSC Aurea Spa on board features a thermal area with 13 different areas for a holistic sensory experience.